Grilled Fish With Salsa Verde
To make the salsa verde, combine the garlic, anchovy fillet, salt and capers in a mini food processor and pulse to a paste. (Alternatively, use an immersion blender and combine the ingredients in a jar and blend to a paste.) Add the olive oil and parsley and blend to a purée. Season to taste with salt and pepper. If using within a few hours, allow to sit at room temperature. Otherwise, refrigerate. Allow to come to room temperature before using.
Prepare a hot grill. When the grill is ready, season the fish with salt and pepper on both sides and brush generously on both sides with olive oil. Grill for about 3 minutes on each side, just until you can pull the flesh apart with a fork. Remove from the heat and serve with the salsa verde.
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves (to taste), halved, green shoots removed
- Salt to taste
- 1 anchovy fillet, rinsed (optional)
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and chopped
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup (tightly packed) flat-leaf parsley leaves (25 grams)
FOR THE FISH
- 2 pounds cod
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil